You will know from my previous posts I have been following Pat Sloans Solstice Challenge, a block a week for 25 weeks from the Winter Solstice through to Summer Solstice.
Well I managed to keep up and finally finished piecing it all together, made entirely from my stash it’s come together quite well. Some of the blocks were challenging and thanks to Pat’s tips I think I’ve got the colour balance right. It’s certainly going to be a big quilt!
In between making Solstice I also dabbled a bit with mini quilts which are very satisfying to put together as they are quick to do and great for practicing free motion quilting as you haven’t got the challenge of fitting large bulks of material through the throat of the sewing machine. Here’s two I made, both pattern’s are by Pat Sloan.
My next challenge is to quilt the Solstice top! Not too sure how I’m going to manage that one on my machine, wishing i’d done a quilt as you go!